Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mr Sticky- Blog post outside reading #2

So today i decided to read a fun cute story about a snail named Mr. Sticky, I was kind of in the mood for something happy. To read..... CLickerooni Mr Sticky was a tiny tiny tiny snail that Abby had as a pet. Abby kept saying how Mr. Sticky was so cute because he was so small. Abby's mom told Abby that things can be cute even if they're big, but Abby thinks they are only cute when they are small.
This is a little children's story about growing up and how it's okay to get older and bigger, and you can still be the same person. I didn't really like it that much, I actually thought it was pretty stupid, but I really just needed to read something like this today.

4 comments:

Hannah D said...

I have to say, I was so happy when I looked at your blog and you had written about a children's story, rather than a newspaper article that makes the reader depressed. I actually enjoyed the moral of this story. Going through high school, it is hard to stay true to yourself will all the commotion that is occurring. This story makes me remember the person I wanted to be when I was a little girl. I thought this was a really cute way to show that even though people get older, they don't have to change.

Sean C. said...

I don't really see how this book would help anyone. I mean who is worried about growing up? I definitely wanted to get older faster. Of course, I later found out that getting older has its fair share of downsides, one of which is what I'm doing right now, namely homework.

Mackenzie E. said...

I was really surprised to see this blog post! I loved it though and I thought it was a cute way to talk about change. I disagree with Sean, I think it is something that several people worry about. Especially during the preteen stage. At that age everything around you seems to be moving so fast and it can be kind of confusing! At times like this I didn't want to grow up and I wanted to go back to being a little kid.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the children's story too. Sometimes when I look at my little brother with his homework that takes literally 5 min and then he goes and plays for the rest of the day, I envy him. I wish I could go back and play like that all the time. He always says he doesn't want to grow up because he sees all the homework I have, but I tell him its OK to grow up because you get to enjoy more things in life.